Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Just keep Learning

Life is an Adventure!

Whether we like it or not, we just keep learning and growing!

The Lord has a way of stretching our abilities and boundaries until we grow into our responsibilities and meet His requirements for us.  

That's kind of how it is for us in the India Bangalore Mission (IBM) Office.  Everyday there is something new to do and this old brain of mine has to ask "Now, have I done this before?" 
or "Where do I find the checklist for that packet of documents?"

It's fun and challenging.  Well, that's the best way to look at it.
Sometimes I say, "This is beyond me!"
But it's not beyond my abilities to keep learning, so I just dig in and get at it!

I always admire our good friend Mel, in Spokane, when he says, as he often does, 
"Life is always an adventure!"
I think that is the best way to approach everyday and I try to do that.  Look for the good.

Like this crow, for example...
One Elder says "I hate crows, they're so loud and annoying."
But I say "Have a closer look.  This House Crow has many beautiful colours that one may not see without close inspection.  And hey, they eat rats, so that's a good thing, right?"

Some people probably think that we are loud and annoying, but we all have our purpose.

I'm going to close this blog today with a quote from Elder Dallin H. Oaks:

"When we have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, we must have trust in Him. We must trust Him enough that we are content to accept His will, knowing that He knows what is best for us..."

So always "Lift up your head and be of good cheer..."

1 comment:

  1. I'm for anything that would eat a rat! We may have to Skype and share experiences, because we, too, have felt over-whelmed at times, then like maybe we have a chance. We hope we don't set the work in a backward direction. Keep doing good things, you 2. much love.

    ReplyDelete