Friday, March 8, 2013

Kabini River Lodge & River Safari

We took a couple days off from the IBM Office to go with our daughter to Nagarhole National Park.
We stayed at Kabini River Lodge for 1 night. 

And Paul was relaxing in the front seat, watching the near-death encounters!! Haha!
 Now, who does that look like, with the camera out the window?
 This is a classic shot of the ox cart on a country road.
 Kamille is also getting a couple good shots here.
 Sometimes I still can't believe that they're here, but then you see this shot, and yes, I see that they're actually visiting us in India!!
 I'm ready to go, but I'm also patient!
 When we arrive at Kabini, we see that there have been several sightings of tigers and leopards.  
Yeah, that makes me super excited!!

 Nature is gorgeous out here in the country.
 We took a look around after lunch.
 The water levels are really low this year, much lower than last year when we first visited here.
 Elder Wigg loves to walk.
 She's just taking it all in...
...and they're enjoying being together away from home.
 White-throated Kingfisher is pretty amazing. This view doesn't show his beautiful turquoise wings.
 Paradise Flycatcher is also beautiful!


 My sweetie and I loved to get into the swing of it all!!  It's just fun to have a good time together.
 Hey, I'm married to a real swinger!!


 Kamille and Paul had a great time playing on the tire swing.


 Grey Wagtail
 Black Ibis
 mating butterflies
 Eurasian Spoonbill
 Osprey
 Great Cormorant
Darter or Snakeneck
 turtle
 Common Kingfisher
 White-throated Kingfisher with a fish for lunch!
 Red-wattled Lapwing
 Indian Spotted Deer
 We all loved to see the Elephants in the wild!

 Peacock
 crocodile
 Wooly-necked Stork
 Darter drying his wings is so pretty
 I always love the sunset.  It's so beautiful and seems to cap off the day.
I have often said, "the sun is setting on another day of our mission".
 This looks super cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment